Welcome to Jan Reimer School! The building opened on September 5, 2017, and provides programming for students from Kindergarten to Grade 9 who live in Summerside South, Summerside West and The Orchards North. The school staff is commited to honouring our namesake, Jan Reimer. The school staff work hard to ensure Jan Reimer School is an inclusive, caring environment where students learn the value of contributing and giving back to their community.
As we enter the New Year, we usually start thinking into the near future about the changes our children and families will be going through. Kindergarten students move into a full day of school for Grade 1, Grade 6 students move into Junior High, and Grade 9 students move on to High School. And many of the families in our community are looking at having a child enter school for the first time at the Kindergarten level. These changes are both scary and exciting for all that are involved.
At Jan Reimer School, we work very hard to create a nurturing environment that fosters creativity, celebrates diversity and encourages independence. Our school culture is built on the foundation of solid relationships, supporting students, and the creation of a school community that will serve all our students, their families and the community. We have established high standards for academics and citizenship for our students, and will continue to honour the commitment to service within the community demonstrated by our namesake, Jan Reimer.
Our school does have closed boundaries for all grades for the 2019 - 2020 school year. This means we can only accept your child’s registration if you live in our designated attendance area. If you are unsure whether you are in Jan Reimer School’s attendance area, you can enter your address on the “Find a School Tool” available at www.epsb.ca. If you have questions about registration, the office is open Monday to Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. You can also send any questions by email to email@example.com.
Here are some important messages and dates about Jan Reimer School and registration:
- Families living in Summerside South, Summerside West and The Orchards North are designated to attend Jan Reimer School
- Jan Reimer School will have closed boundaries for all grades for the 2019-20 school year (this means we can only accept your child's registration if you live in our designated attendance area)
- On February 4, 2019, we will be able to start the registration process for students who will be starting Kindergarten for the 2019-2020 school year. Please contact the school office on or after this date, and we will gladly help you through this process.
- On March 19, 2019, we will be hosting an Open House starting at 6pm. There will be guided tours of the school in which general information about the school will be shared with families. The times for the tours are 6:00pm, 6:15pm, 6:30pm and 6:45pm.
- For children entering Kindergarten for the 2019-20 school year, they must be 4 years old on or before March 1, 2019.
Again, if you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our school office.
Jan Sawyer, M. Ed.