Welcome to Jan Reimer School! The building opened on September 5, 2017, and provides programming for students from Kindergarten to Grade 9 who live in Summerside South, Summerside West and The Orchards North. The school staff is commited to honouring our namesake, Jan Reimer. The school staff work hard to ensure Jan Reimer School is an inclusive, caring environment where students learn the value of contributing and giving back to their community.
The Time of Decisions
As we approach February and March, we start looking forward to the warm weather and sun that is to come. This is also a time that we start looking at our programming for the upcoming 2018-19 school year. It all starts with Edmonton Public School Board's "pre-enrollment". This is the time that new families to our District, and those choosing to continue with us, are able to choose and indicate where they would like their child to attend school for 2018-19. It is an important decision that can not be taken lightly. To help with your decision, here are a few important messages about Jan Reimer School.
- Families living in Summerside South, Summerside West and The Orchards North are designated to attend Jan Reimer School
- Jan Reimer School will have closed boundaries for all grades for the 2018-19 school year (this means we can only accept your child's registration if you live in our designated attendance area)
- If you are unsure if you are in Jan Reimer's attendance area, you can enter your address on the "Find a School Tool" on epsb.ca, or you can call the school and we can do our best to help you
- On February 1, 2018, we are able to start accepting registrations for families that are new to the District or are enrolling their child into Kindergarten
- On March 12, 2018, pre-enrollment opens on SchoolZone for families that have children who will be returning to Edmonton Public for 2018-19 school year
Traditionally, schools host Open House sessions for families in late February/early March to see the school and to attract students. Due to our closed boundaries for the 2018-19 school year, we will not be hosting an Open House. Instead, we will be having a School Information Evening on June 7, 2018 at 6:30pm. This evening will be for families that have registered with Jan Reimer School and we will be providing information, tours and answering any questions that families may have.
If you have any questions before, during or after the pre-enrollment process, please call the school and we will be glad to help.
Jan Sawyer, M. Ed.